Sunday, January 3, 2010

Overweight vehicles must stop at weigh-station...GAME ON!!

So here are the ugly numbers: weight =214/waist 39/ hips 46.5


When I started my first "cubicle" job in August 2002, I weighed 148. Wow. I had a dream last night that my midsection suddenly began making a humming noise. A doctor listened and told me it was the sound of my distended bowel. She said the humming would continue until I lost significant weight. Nothing Freudian there, eh?

I am astonished by these numbers. But there are what they are, so the other adjectives in my brain will not be given a voice. The key now is to change them, not talk about how bad they are.

We'll talk later today...I am off to church...praying for strength against potato chips ;)

"You wander from room to room

Hunting for the diamond necklace

That is already around your neck!"



-- Jalal-Uddin Rumi



The diamond I seek is already present...just buried. Here's to uncovering!

No comments: