Friday, September 28, 2012

Five Minute Friday: GRASP




Here is the premise:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.

3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

The word is given. GRASP
First the desperate thoughts. Grasping onto...Grasping at straws.

Then I am reminded...Ephesisans 3:20. The One who is at work within us can do abundantly, amazingly more than we can ever dare to hope or dream.

Do I get that? Do you?
Anything I can grasp as possible in my mind, He can do better.

I see BIG dreams - the ability to reach and help lots of people through blogs and books and motivational speaking. But what does He see? What is His purpose?

Sometimes that lack of knowing turns my grasping into frustration. His timing is not the same as mine. His ways are higher, and often unseen.
I grasp to hang on to the dreams...and He shakes His head because there is SO MUCH MORE coming.
I hear Him saying, "Don't grasp to things you see just to hang on - GRASP on to Me, to dreams, to My Promises. Let go of what you think is secure and FLY!"

I'm going to try His way today. How about you? What are you grasping onto today?

6 comments:

Outside the Box Mom said...

What a wonderful scripture to reference. How much easier it is to grasp something that is unchanging (God).

Felecia Clarke said...

Amen. Grasp onto HIM!

Unknown said...

So good! What a great reminder of what we really need to hold onto.

Rob, Melanie and Samuel said...

"Don't grasp to things you see just to hang on - GRASP on to Me, to dreams, to My Promises"
Beth that line really hit me. The difference in hanging on and grasping HIM.
thanks for your words friend!

Dana Pittman said...

Amen! Thank you. It's sometimes humbling to be reminded of how small we really are. Thank God for grace.

Denise said...

Amen, amen.