Saturday, November 3, 2012

Van Morrison, Sugar, and 30 Days of Gratitude


Day 3

Today I am grateful for laughter. And Trick or Treat. And college football. And good music.  And ice cream.
All which made my day better, in spite of some darkness.

This week has been filled with no resolution to my ongoing issue, daily 100 mile trips with a loved one who is receiving radiation, visits to another hospital to see a beloved uncle, images of Hurricane Sandy all over the news, political nastiness...bad vibes all around.

But I laughed with several family members today - always a good day, even in a hospital!

And my Nittany Lions won again  - always cause for celebration.

And how can anyone not dance, even in the car, when this comes on:

Well, it's a marvelous night for a moondance with the stars up above in your eyes...
You know the night's magic seems to whisper and hush
And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush

See, you're smiling, aren't you??  

And goblins and Super Heroes and ghosts and skeletons came to my door this evening for candy, leaving giggles as a trade-off. One kind of sugar for another!

AND I still have almost 2 quarts of the best Butter Pecan ice cream in the world. More sugar!! Strict rationing is in effect as it must last until March. But even a spoonful is wonderful!

This hasn't been the best week. 
Gratitude is still my choice.
How about you?
Will you choose gratitude in spite of, rather than because of?

November - 30 Days of Gratitude...will you join me?

We will talk tomorrow...
BP

2 comments:

VLMazzanti said...

I love reading your writing! Glad you got yourself some Butter Pecan. WHY did I not see you wearing the Birthday Helmet????

Amy said...

Oh Beth! I cannot resist a Moondance - even in the car. I'm a Van Morrison fan.

I choose gratitude because I feel it's a gift of immense value that God has given me to balance my difficult seasons to show me His presence, His provision and His compassion.