Friday, August 17, 2012

Five Minute Friday: STRETCH


I have been participating in an exercise called Five Minute Friday. Each Friday we receive a prompt and follow these rules:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in. http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/
3.And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community...
Here is today's result.

STRETCH????
Seriously, God? This is the word you gave Lisa-Jo today?
STRETCH????
I can't do a sweet, polite Five Minute Friday if the word is STRETCH. You know that, God, so why are you pushing me?
You have been there as I set a goal to be more healthy, get to a suitable weight. You know I have been stuck on the same number for 2 weeks, tried everything to kick start it, all to no avail.
And You say, STRETCH?
You know I am doing my best to help loved ones with medical issues, and feeling like it isn't enough.
And You say, STRETCH?
You know I struggle with how to use the tremendous writing, speaking, creative arts gifts You have given me...wanting to honor You...wanting to help people...not knowing where or how to take the first steps...fighting with lifelong issues of goal setting and follow through...feeling like my dreams are slipping away.
And You say, STRETCH?
You know I am flailing, almost drowning, in a financial storm that was supposed to be cleared out months ago...listening to the phone ring all day...being without the means to help those I love who are in need...scared out of my mind.
And You say, STRETCH?
Seriously, God?
Oh, I know all the "believer" answers...I have repeated them to others many times.
STRETCH my hand for Yours.
STRETCH my heart in faith.
I do know those standard answers...
STRETCH...but, on this cloudy, rainy day, I don't know how...
And I am not alone in feeling that way.

No comments: