Friday, September 14, 2012

FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY: FOCUS

I am participating in a project called 5 Minute Friday. Here are the rules:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Today's word is FOCUS


FOCUS
Oh boy...I hope I can keep my mind on this for 300 seconds!
In my head, I hear Sally-Ann Roberts talking on Good Morning America about the fight her baby sister Robin has ahead with MDS.
Sally-Ann said, "We are keeping laser-like focus on Divine healing!" She also mentioned focus on God's promises and His love, and how important it would be to avoid any focus on negative thoughts.

That is EXACTLY what I need. How about you?

Studies have shown that, despite what we multi-taskers believe, in some instances we accomplish less by trying too much at once and spreading our focus so thin.
Obviously this doesn't mean I should stare at the washing machine through the entire cycle.
Laundry and cooking are fine.
Cooking and writing...not so much.

I wonder how often God wants to wrap the side of my head a bit and say FOCUS.
FOCUS on the best thoughts.
FOCUS on His promises.
FOCUS on His unfailing love.
FOCUS on His faithful provision.

FOCUS, with laser-like precision on the One who spoke me into life, the One who loves me more than I can conceive, the One who wants me to live in abundance, the One who has a plan for good, to prosper me in every way.
FOCUS on Him...and everything else will fall into place.
FOCUS with laser-like precision on today. 
FOCUS. 

5 comments:

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

The title sums up what needs to be my mantra. Thank you for sharing. I love the way you presented such necessary content.

Tonya said...

I used to have a call center job that required us to do WAY TOO MUCH multi-tasking, and I always felt like I was not giving my customers the individual attention that they deserved. I still multi-task today but not quite like I did back then. I am a firm believer that you can spread yourself too thin to the point of not being beneficial in any area.

Thank you for sharing :)

Denise said...

Really beautiful.

Amy said...

I was the queen (or at least the princess) of multitasking. I've gone off the reservation now, and it's amazing what I'm able to just SEE that was glanced over without even registering before.

Great point!