Friday, September 13, 2013

FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY: Mercy

On Fridays a bunch of brave writers gather here to all spend 5 collective minutes writing on a single prompt. 
Here's how it all got started, back story, details and all. The short version is:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word. (On your blog or in the comments).
2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my blog footer}.
3. Go leave some comment props for the five minute artist who linked up before you.

MERCY

It is Friday morning at 6 AM and I am struck by how appropriate today's word is for me. I am most assuredly thankful for mercy…and, always in need of more.

From God who is more compassionate than I can comprehend.
From people I love who endure my tremendous faults.
From myself when those faults bring pain and distance.

Mercy can be easy if it isn’t personal. Giving money to someone in need. Taking your coat off and giving it to the man wandering the streets. Giving away “stuff” is not hard.

The challenging type of mercy is personal.
Mercy that forgives through hurt.
Mercy that believes in what my heart says rather than the particular offense my head is SCREAMING ABOUT.
Mercy that trusts that love is bigger than anything, can overcome every painful barrier, can bind up any wound the heart has.

That kind of mercy is risky. What if I give mercy and am hurt again?

Then God gently reminds me of His mercy.
New every day.
Unconditional.
Always motivated by love.

Mercy.
On this Friday the 13th, I pray to give it. And I pray others will grant me the same.



Beth Painter is a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.
Beth is available to speak to your group about how to make your dreams and desires come to life!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Beth
I have asked that question myself many times and I honestly think that trust is earned! We can forgive and show great mercy, but a relationship of trust needs to come from two sides!
Blessings XX
Mia