Sunday, December 1, 2013

GO [Advent Day 1]

GO.

It is a word she loves...one to which she responds immediately by standing at the back door, looking at me, then the leash on the door, then me again.

GO.

She is not afraid. Why would she be? She trusts me...has no reason to do differently.

GO. 

She never asks, "Where?" while I put the harness on. The destination doesn't matter - only the experience.

GO.

If I asked her five times today, she would jump every time. If I don't ask for five days, she still jumps.

GO.

It's all she wants - to be with me...walk, run, ride - she is always up for the adventure.

GO.

Today is the first day of Advent 2013. I am reminded of people who lived the Christmas story. 

Mary. A teenager...pregnant...wondering if her bethrothed will believe and keep his vow to marry her.
Joseph. Feeling betrayed. Confused. Not sure if he should heed words from a dream and  follow through with the marriage.

God said GO. Do what was planned. Trust me. Be excited to hear my voice.

Great lessons for me.
Maybe for you?

I am participating in an Advent photo-a-day exercise. ReThinkChurch.org is facilitating the practice by providing a one word prompt each day. Participants are encouraged to share how we perceive each word.  

You can find out more and join here.



No comments: