Sunday, December 8, 2013

WISDOM [Advent Day 8]


1. The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
2. Common sense; good judgment: 

Proverbs 24:14 Know also that wisdom is like honey for you: If you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.


Isaiah 11:1-2 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,the Spirit of counsel and of might

Today's word is WISDOM. 
The NIV version of the Bible uses the word 219 times. Webster provides definitions.

But where do we get it, and how can we know what is wisdom and what isn't? How do we verify?

You can stop reading right here is you think I have an answer.
I wish I did - several areas of my life sure could use some right now. 

I chose a montage of the word because the accumulation of wisdom has, for me, come from many conduits. I am grateful for each of them...dear friends, hard lessons, severe trials. Everything can teach us something.

During this Advent season, I pray the One on whom the Spirit of wisdom has fallen will be very much alive for you.
I pray that Spirit of wisdom will help us - don't we all need that - and guide us.

Short and sweet today.
Study the definition and Bible verses, if you are of a mind. Meditate on them. Pry for wisdom. For you, For your family. For me.

We will talk again tomorrow...
BP 

I am participating in an Advent photo-a-day exercise. ReThinkChurch.org is facilitating the practice by providing a one word prompt each day. Participants are encouraged to share how we perceive each word. 
You can find out more and join here.



Beth Painter is a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.
Beth is available to speak to your group about how to make your dreams and desires come to life!


No comments: