Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Word 2014: CHOOSE

My friend Melanie (bluemarblegod.com) chooses a word each year that she will embrace, that will embrace her, change her days. 
Last year I admired it...this year I am inspired by it. Big difference.
So I have been thinking for the past couple weeks...

I wanted a FUN word. Joy. Prosperity! 
Or a cool word. Wisdom, maybe.

One word jumped to my mind quickly, but I didn't like it. So I rolled others around in my head. But the first word wouldn't go away. 

CHOOSE

Joshua 24:15 Choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Life is all about choices, isn't it? And choices have to be made again and again....which annoys me.
This is not the word I wanted...but it is appropriate.

CHOOSE.

I share it with a certain amount of reluctance, given the resulting responsibility. So, instead of listing specific goals, I would rather discuss the results as the year progresses.

I will, however, commit to this: 
In 2014, I will choose to clearly speak, out loud, my intentions to whomever they affect.
Maybe that sounds easy for you, but I am pleaser - not accustomed to always being direct, more often smoothing the waters, avoiding conflict.

CHOOSE. 

Dozens of times a day. About health, work, countenance, money, treatment of others...on and on.

CHOOSE.
365 opportunities to be proactive, to steer the ship rather than let the current take it.

CHOOSE.

We will talk again soon.
BP

Beth Painter is a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.

Beth is available to speak to your group about how to make your dreams and desires come to life!






  






No comments: