Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Tale of Two Trilogies

They say, “Things happen in threes.”

I don’t put stock in much of what “they” say, since no one can identify who “they” are.

But the “threes” idea is accurate for me right now. Two weeks ago, I called in a refill for my ADD meds. No big deal, right? I’ve been taking them for a year. Except I changed insurance companies. A dozen phone calls, three trips to the doctor, five trips to the pharmacy and I still have no ADD meds.

In the midst of this craziness, my beloved dog had surgery. I am grateful it wasn’t life-threatening. I am grateful for the tremendous care she received. I am grateful that, once she is fully healed, she will run better than she has in years.

For the past week, however, she and I have been navigating the waters of a terrier who is not accustomed to constant oversight, not being able to jump or run, not being allowed to roam freely in the yard or chase birds.

Oh and her mama hasn’t had ADD meds for almost two weeks.

Finally, I am dealing with a difficult and painful personal issue. Crying was not on my agenda this week.

Not the worst tragedies, but not fun. Could be an excuse to be grumpy and impatience and intolerant. 
Have you had days like that?

I am not, by nature, a grumpy person. Nastiness, in my opinion, is almost always unnecessary. No one else needs to be affected by my problems.

Last night I prayed for guidance and strength.

Today’s devotional reading contained one of my favorite Bible verses:

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jer 29:11)

Tori and I stepped outside this morning, neither of us happy about her needing to be on a leash…and we found just a bit of fresh snow. She loves to rub her face in the snow.




Notice the time stamp. 11:11. Beautiful face. Perfect timing.

After lunch, I turned on my Worship playlist. These lyrics were part of the first song:
Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

It is now 10:09 PM and none of my of my challenges have changed. But I am grateful for what came in threes today – a good word, an enjoyable moment, an inspiring song. I am grateful that the Creator of the entire universe cares so much for me. I am grateful my eyes were open and my spirit was in a receiving mode.

I could have been grumpy and missed it all.

I am going to put my head down and focus on those things, and count on God providing more tomorrow....for you and me!

Thanks for reading.

BP J


Beth Painter is, among many other things, a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.

Beth is available to speak to your group about how to make your dreams and desires come to life! 

No comments: