Friday, October 3, 2014

Allowing Me {Day 3} The Silly Toad Hunter...




It’s Friday. For this adjunct college English instructor, that means grade day.

And the grading website is timing out erratically.

And I have only slept four hours each of the last two nights.

And, oh yeah…this just happened…





My nine year old Westie got in touch with her ancestral roots this summer and became a hunter. Birds and rabbits amuse her.  But toads are her real joy.

My neighbors are treated to a nightly routine of Tori outside for the final time, and me following her around the yard saying, “Go potty. NO TOADS! Go potty. NO TOADS!” 
It’s delightful.

While I was focusing on grades tonight, she was outside on a mission. The dog who obediently stays out of flower beds all summer has now trampled many of them down as she sniffs and searches.

She was dirty and stinky. I was fighting with a wonky grading website and facing an unwritten blog, which was mapped out in my head but not on paper at all.

Sometimes Allowing means letting myself  BE something.

Sometimes Allowing means letting myself BE FREE of something.

Tonight this had to happen…


..which means my blog is about how it’s okay to not have a planned out, edited, masterpiece of a blog…or a meal…or a clean house…or a snack for work…or an empty dishwasher…or or or…

Sometimes I must Allow myself that freedom. 

How about you?
No? Just me?

We will talk tomorrow. More intentionally, I hope!
For tonight, the grades are done and the dog is clean.


BP

I am participating in a 31 Day blog challenge. My topic is Allowing Me… You can see preceding days below this blog. You can see other bloggers here.

Beth Painter is, among many other things, a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.
Beth is available to speak to your group about how to make your dreams and desires come to life! 

No comments: