Wednesday, October 14, 2015

{Day 14} Lessons from a young 'un

During this #write31Days challenge, I am learning to be open to inspiration from any direction.

Today, it was from Taylor, my Beachbody coach…and the daughter of a friend I met in high school. I could let that make me feel old, but age is just a state of mind, right?

In fact, as Taylor reminded me, much of life is a state of mind.

Which is kind of the point of ALLOWING.

You can be or do or have anything you want. Anything.

Anything you allow your mind to believe. Anything.

What’s that? You aren’t special enough? Not gifted? Too old/overweight/poor?

Hear these words:

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you [and approved of you as My chosen instrument], And before you were born I consecrated you [to Myself as My own]
Jer 1:5

That is the Creator of the Universe talking about approving of you and consecrating you for a purpose before you were born…don’t tell me you aren’t special.

The One who created me has given me a lot of desires. Some of them seem far-fetched to other people. But my life is, to the best of my ability each day, aligned with God. He is my source of strength and joy and the giver of every breath.

I don’t believe God, who loves me more than I can understand, gives me dreams and goals that are impossible.  I just don’t.

This isn't a magic formula. We aren't talking about drive-through dreams and goals that require nothing from me.

But I am capable of BIG things. So are you. And what might be BIG to me may not be something you would even want to do. That's what is so great about the dreams God gives each of us. 

Conceive. Believe. Achieve.  It isn’t just a catchy phrase. It is solid truth.

The steps from Conceive to Achieve may be many. They may be steep. They may push you in ways you didn't know you could be pushed. 

But you can do anything you BELIEVE you can do.

Tomorrow we will talk about some things we do to block our dreams.

But for now, Taylor and I want you to know this:

You can be or do or have anything you want. Anything.

Thanks for reading.

We will talk again tomorrow…

BP J


I am participating in Write 31 Days. Click here to read more about it and see the other amazing bloggers.
You can see earlier entries below this blog or in the sidebar under 2015.
Beth Painter is, among many other things, a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.

Beth is available to speak to your group about how to make your dreams and desires come to life! 

No comments: