Sunday, October 4, 2015

{Day 4} Lessons on ALLOWING from a stone...



You know that feeling when you have a tiny stone in your shoe? So tiny that you have to take your shoe off, turn it over and shake it…then when you put the shoe back on, the darn stone is still there?

Annoying, right?

Have you ever had that feeling in your spirit?

Yesterday I wrote about our ability to allow or not allow negative thoughts to take hold.

How ironic that I woke up this morning with a stone in my countenance.

Truthfully, it has been there for several days. I keep symbolically turning over and shaking. Then I take a few steps and there it is again.

Can you relate?

Clearly, I keep walking through some field of mental/emotional pea gravel, but I can’t identify it.

Sometimes going for a walk helps. Or sitting in the sauna. Or having some tears.

What do you do on days like this?

Writing is one of the greatest joys in my life, and even that wasn’t appealing today.

A few minutes ago, I walked around the yard in my bare feet, looking at the stars, talking to God.

Here is how the conversation went:

Me: I just don’t know what’s going on, God? I am irritable and more unfocused than normal and weepy.

God:

Me: I need to do some school work and I haven’t written a blog yet and you saw me put laundry in. Just tell me what to do…

God:

I came back in the house and plopped (an accurate word) down on the couch. And this slipped into my head:

Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest [renewal, blessed quiet] for your soul. For My yoke is easy [to bear] and My burden is light.
Matthew 11:28

There are few times I do nothing but rest or relax. At least not when I am awake. I rarely do just one thing. My mother STILL says, “Can’t you ever just sit down?”  

My blog is short today.

Sometimes I need to ALLOW rest, a blessed quiet.

And I would do well to learn about being gentle and humble in heart. Oh, I certainly would!

Can you relate?

Do you need to find some rest or take on a lighter burden?

I thought so...

Thanks for reading.

We will talk again tomorrow… there is much more to say about ALLOWING.
BP J



I am participating in Write 31 Days. Click here to read more about it and see the other amazing bloggers.
You can see earlier entries below this blog or in the sidebar under 2015.
Beth Painter is, among many other things, a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.

Beth is available to speak to your group about how to make your dreams and desires come to life! 

No comments: