Friday, October 9, 2015

{Day 9} What is it anyway?


So what is this ALLOWING thing? How do we do it?

Let’s start here…

Gen 2:7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life

Psalm 139:13-16 You created every part of me; you put me together in my mother's womb…
When my bones were being formed, carefully put together in my mother's womb,

when I was growing there in secret, you knew that I was there—you saw me before I was born.
The days allotted to me had all been recorded in your book, before any of them ever began.

Have you heard people refer to an unexpected pregnancy as a mistake or a surprise? I have too.

The words are spoken with no malice, but they can be hurtful. More importantly, they are untrue.

I was born to a single mother. I never met my father. There were lots of reasons for that. None of them involved me. None of them were a surprise to God.

It took me a LONG time to say I believe that.

I was created by God who formed my body and breath His own breathe into me.
Same for you.

Try this on:
Jer 29:11 “I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord, “Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a bright future.”

Not only am I part of God, formed by Him, with His breath, but I am not here randomly.
Neither are you.
Do you believe it?
I don’t mean you agree when you read the words. I mean deep down in your gut, with absolute certainty, on your best and worst days.
ROCK SOLID BELIEF

John 11:40 Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God.”

Matthew 9:29 Then Jesus touched their eyes and said, “Let it happen, then, just as you believe!”

Prov 4:20-25 My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen to my words. Never let them get away from you. Remember them and keep them in your heart. They will give life and health to anyone who understands them. Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.  Never say anything that isn't true. Have nothing to do with lies and misleading words. Look straight ahead with honest confidence; don't hang your head in shame.

This is where ALLOWING starts.

Believing the Creator of the universe created me, on purpose, at the chosen time, with a plan in mind.

Believing.

Speaking words that support that belief.

Making choices based on that belief.

Read this again: Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God.”

Let this roll around. Pay attention to what your words and thoughts say about what you truly believe.

We will take another step deeper tomorrow. The fun is just starting!!

Thanks for reading.


BP J

I am participating in Write 31 Days. Click here to read more about it and see the other amazing bloggers.
You can see earlier entries below this blog or in the sidebar under 2015.
Beth Painter is, among many other things, a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.
Beth is available to speak to your group 

No comments: