Saturday, October 5, 2013

Yes, there is a hymnal in my head...{Day 4}


Some days are so busy, they just get away, don't they?
You know what I mean...the list is long, and there is, inevitably, an interruption or additional task or unplanned event.

And suddenly it is midnight...and I need to write a blog entry for the day...

I sang more today. I love to sing. LOVE...except when I know it will release tears. In that case, I sometimes refuse until I am about to burst. The words and tears spill out together.

Good music, a catchy tune, is important...but I am more attuned to lyrics. Writer. Go figure.

My brain is full of song lyrics. Especially hymns. My mom once had a car without a radio, so I carried a hymnal and sang on every trip.

When I was being transported from the local hospital to a trauma center (last month after my accident) I sang a couple hymns in the ambulance.

It is a blessing to have such words in your mind...words that can soothe and calm whether the injury is visible and caused by a lawn mower or it is an invisible gash caused by life...

So I leave you (and me) with this reminder of one of my ambulance hymns:

All the way my Savior leads me, what have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy who through life has been my guide?
Heavenly peace, divinest comfort, here by faith in Him to dwell,
For I know what e'er befall me, Jesus doeth all things well
For I know what e'er befall me, Jesu doeth all things well!

Maybe someone with insomnia will find comfort in these words.

We will talk tomorrow...
BP



I’m participating with The Nester in 31 Days of Examining My Heart.
This is Day 4.
You can find all 31 Dayers here. There are so many wonderful topics.

If you miss any days in the series, you can find the introduction and each day's post here.




Beth Painter is a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.
Beth is available to speak to your group about how to make your dreams and desires come to life!

1 comment:

Rob, Melanie and Samuel said...

Beth- I love these words "it is a blessing to have such words in your mind" Yes, for the visible and invisible....Jesus doeth all things well.