Sunday, October 13, 2013

Million Dollar Question and Indigo Wisdom...{Day 13}

Today I am still thinking about yesterday’s million dollar question.

If you didn’t read that post, you should! Go here.

I know some things that distract me…and I know why. I want to do things perfectly. I don’t want to make mistakes.
And sometimes that keeps me from doing anything.

How about you? Do you get that?
Some of you absolutely don’t get it. I know that. I have people in my life who don’t get it.

I think…and think…and THINK…and plan…and plan some more.
And don’t move.

Today, two things caught my attention…made my eyes squint a bit and my head turn sideways slightly...

Here is the first:
Success is made up of small steps & simple strategies, applied consistently & diligently over time. What small steps are you taking TODAY that will get you closer to your goal?

Hmmm….

Small steps. Simple strategies. Consistent. Diligent.

Sounds like a good place to start.

Then this from Emily Saliers, whose words often speak to my heart or head:

Up on the watershed, standing at the fork in the road
You can stand there and agonize
Till your agony's your heaviest load.
You'll never fly as the crow flies, get used to a country mile.
When you're learning to face the path at your pace
Every choice is worth your while

Read these words again…You can stand there and agonize till your agony’s your heaviest load.

I have heard those words, that song, dozens of times. Today they jumped out of the speaker and smacked me in the head.

Oh goodness…that is often me. Apparently, Emily knows me.

It is Sunday night.
Tomorrow starts a new work week.
I have things to do, changes to make.
Small steps. Consistent. Diligent. No more agonizing.  

How about you? Any small steps you need to start taking?

I would love to hear about it.

And I will keep you updated.

We will talk again tomorrow… BP

I’m participating with The Nester in 31 Days of Examining My Heart.
This is Day 10.
You can find all 31 Dayers here. There are so many wonderful topics.
If you miss any days in the series, you can find the introduction and each day's post here.



Beth Painter is a writer and motivational speaker. You can follow her on Facebook on the “Think Big focus small” page.

Beth is available to speak to your group about how to make your dreams and desires come to life!

No comments: